Monday, January 22, 2007

Chris Daughtry Announces Tour Dates

Celebrity Spider.com reports that Daughtry, Season 5
finalist Chris Daughtry's band has announced tour dates for January and February. The group's hit single, "It's Not Over," is in major rotation simultaneously at three formats: Hot AC, Top 40 and Active Rock. The album "Daughtry" sold over 1 million copies in it's first four weeks.

The band has announced these tour dates:
  • Sun, Jan. 28th, 2007 07:00 PM House of Blues - Anaheim Anaheim, Calif.
  • Thu, Feb. 1st, 2007 07:00 PM El Rey Theatre Los Angeles, Calif.
  • Thu, Feb. 1st, 2007 09:00 PM El Rey Theatre Los Angeles, Calif.
  • Sun, Feb. 4th, 2007 08:00 PM Slim's San Francisco, Calif.
  • Wed, Feb. 21st, 2007 09:00 PM Meridian Houston, Texas

Tickets can be purchased here.

For those of you who want to see Taylor Hicks at North Fork Theater at Westbury on Saturday, April 7, but find it impossible to score seats at Ticketmaster, WeHaveSeats.com and eBay still have some at premium rates. It's also worth checking Ticketmaster every so often. We were able to snag 2 seats (albeit not great ones) on the site last week at list price by repeatedly trying. In fact, we were able to find 2 seats three times, but didn't enter our info fast enough the first two times and the seats reverted back to the pool. So be prepared: Set up your Ticketmaster account first, have a credit card ready and keep the seating chart open in a separate window to check the location of the seats. Hicks will be playing in the half-round and the stage will not revolve.

In a New York Times story, Paula Abdul says she's sober and healthy. At least three videos of Abdul surfaced online in recent weeks showing her slurring words in interviews, giving nonsensical answers to questions and swaying in her seat. In one interview she appeared to fall asleep, keeping her eyes closed for about five seconds. Most of those taped segments, which had been posted on video-sharing sites like YouTube, have been removed from the Internet in recent days.

In an interview with The NYT after a session at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena, Calif., Abdul said she had not been impaired during the interviews, on the show or at any time during her work promoting “American Idol,” Fox’s hit reality show. “I’ve never been drunk,” she said. “I’m not under the influence of anything.” Referring to her tenure as a judge on “American Idol,” she added, “The first five years no one said anything about how I behaved or how I talked.”

She said it is her nature to make fun of situations that cause her stress, like appearing on live television. “I’m doing my job and having fun,” she said. “Although I might not take myself seriously, there are young girls watching me, and I know I’m a role model. I’ve been a teacher, and the fact that some of them would look up to me and want to be the next choreographer or the next singer, I would not violate that trust.”

Simon Cowell told journalists at the press tour session that he understood why his remarks were criticized but that he felt it would be wrong to censor himself. “I take your point, which is, It’s a singing competition, and why should I call someone, I think it was a ‘bush baby,’ ” he said. “The appeal of this show is that we’ve never tried to censor this show. And there are times, trust me, when I watch it back and I just think, ‘God, I wish I hadn’t said that, and why do they put it in the show?’ But it’s something we all sign up for, good things and bad things. I feel more comfortable being on a show where we are prepared to show the warts as well as the good things.”

e-mail Idol Addict
© 2007

No comments: